PIC: Moy at Tapol Dumpsite
Between Jan 9 and Mar 31, we experienced the following placement situations:
- Dumpsite Dwellers – visits to three major rubbish dumps around Cebu City and the communities living on or beside them.
- Resettlement Villages – visits to three major resettlement villages for people formerly living in urban slums and as scavengers on dumpsites.
- Urban Slum Dwellers – visits (by day and night) to slums around Cebu City.
- Street Children – connections through mobile schools, drop-in centres and feeding programmes;
- Women working as Prostitutes – visits to sites (streets & bars) in and around Cebu City and Mandaue City where the women worked.
- Prisoners – visits to two jails in Cebu City and Mandaue City, with young men (14 – 17 yo) and women prisoners.
- Badjao Community – visits to Indigenous community living on the margins of Cebu City
- Drug Addicts – sharing sessions of Narcotics Anonymous with young men in jail, young women, and female prisoners.
- Women recovering from exploitation – visits to three centres of a staged rehabilitation for girls and women, trafficked, drug addicted, and/or prostituted.
Placements were supervised by SVD Community, JPIC-IDC (run by SVDs), PBVM Sisters, SSpS Sisters and SGS Sisters.